Monday, February 28, 2011

Lighthouse Inspired Living

Have you ever thought about what it would be like to live in a lighthouse? Three architects in particular are making that dream come true for the" lighthouse loving".House number one is by Architects,Garrell and Associates.The home design is appropriately named, The Lightkeeper's House.This home is a whopping 7,000 square feet.and  was featured  in Atlanta Style and Design  Magazine in 2007
Gorgeous Home
The wood mantel and beam in the ceiling warm this space.
I love red and black.


The next two home designs are by Catalano Architects out of Boston MA. They have been featured in The Boston Globe,Down East Magazine and Metropolitan Home. Their signature use of Clapboard and shingles sets their home designs apart from the rest. The homes, in a word...stunning! The  stunners are located on Cape Cod.




Light and airy
 


This stairway is a beacon of light.


Can you imagine the view?



House number two

Classic red white and blue


A vision in white


Modern, sleek, and sophisticated



Nautical in Nature

 The third and final home is by architect Steve Herlong of Sullivans Island,SC He took his cue from the lighthouse from the same island that was lost in a hurricane in the  1800's.This 21century home is eco friendly and and oh so chic!


The counters are from reclaimed wood.


Careful consideration was given to preserve and enjoy this beautiful view.


The V shaped ceiling is inspired from a boat hull. I love this !
 My love affair with lighthouses will never end.! I may not ever be able to have a home like one of these, but a girl can dream right? check out Garrell and Associates,Cataldo Architects and Coastal Living Magazine. I will be  back in Charleston in a couple of weeks. I must go find this house!


5 comments:

Gypsea Nurse said...

Oh my! I can't stand it!!! I love the outside of the lighthouse keepers...but the interior of the next 2 houses.... oh... how a girl can dream!!
Have a great week!
Smiles~
Cricket

Simple Daisy said...

Now that sure is some seriously inspired living!!! Beautiful!

michelle said...

These are gorgeous!! I would love to live in a lighthouse or a lighthouse inspired home! I LOVE the last home and thank you so much for the inspiration pictures!!!
I would love to go to Charleston! By best friend just moved there and I hoping to get down there soon!!

Calypso In The Country said...

Those houses are AMAZING! I don't know which one I like best. I do love that cute little Westie in the last two pictures though! You really posted some inspiring pictures!
Shelley

The enchanted home said...

I am in love with each of these gorgeous homes!! So well done, bookmarking this so I can come back and drool some more!!!